Friday, September 27, 2019

September 25, 2019--Part 1

I had a chance to get back to High Tor for some exploring and meditating on sacred rock piles.

I visited the lookout on the herd path to climb South Hill.


As noted in a post years ago The Ledges, Marked Energy Lines, Fare ye well--May 11, 2017 Visit this area has always been dear to me:

Ever since I began coming here a decade ago the tree served as a marker: a location with a beautiful view and a reminder that most of the climbing was behind you.
Below is a picture I took in the winter of 2008. Pepper is sitting on the tree with his winter coat on. An orb next to him.




I remember stopping here one Labor Day weekend to take in the view. As I looked out I saw what I thought were three very large orbs on the other side of the gully. Upon closer inspection I realized that they were swarms monarch butterflies--apparently beginning their migration to Mexico.
The sad thing is that since that picture was taken wind turbines have been placed on a hill in the distance.





Exploring the Keeper's Area
I spent the bulk of my time exploring the Keeper's Area. Below are some pictures of the stone structures that I found.


 The picture above is of a stone mound with two dimpled, or depressed areas. As you can see it is not in good shape.

The picture above shows a manitou stone that was part of the pile. It is the upright triangular moss shaped stone.

I also found a large pile of rubble that covered a couple of Earth Chakras pictured below




Continue September 25, 2019--Part 2

No comments: